Welcome to Lake Shrine
Lake Shrine is the private property of Self-Realization Fellowship, maintained as a sanctuary and opened to the public as a courtesy for all to enjoy. It is recognized as an international sacred site by many religious leaders, disciples and students. Lake Shrine was founded by Paramahansa Yogananda as a place for meditation, prayer, and individual worship. The outdoor pathways and meditation benches provide a quiet environment for personal reflection and the indoor sanctuaries are for silent meditation and prayer. There is also a temple with calendared public events, a retreat, and an ashram residence for men of the Self-Realization Fellowship monastic order.
We have friendly volunteers serving throughout the site who can answer questions and provide information. We also provide gate/parking attendants and uniformed security. We ask that you comply with any requests they may have.
Thank you for honoring our Visitor Guidelines and respecting our private property:
- The entire site is a smoke-free environment
- No food, beverages, or picnic lunches.* Bottled water is acceptable
- No loud talk or disruptive behaviors
- Silence phones and conversations when entering indoor sanctuaries
- No beach attire or bare feet; modest dress is appreciated
- ADA trained service animals only. No pets or therapy animals**
- Children are welcome under the supervision of an adult
- Personal photography only- no drones, tripods or staged photo/video shoots
- No walk-in ceremonies or organized group activities. (Visit our Group Tours or Soccer Shoes Grey Women's adidas Vapour Women's 3 Predator Talc Metallic Maroon 18 FG STYn0vT pages for more information.)
Closing time Tuesday – Sunday begins at 4:00pm and all guests are requested to depart by 4:30pm.
Thank you again for your kind cooperation. Your donations help keep this sanctuary open for all to enjoy.
*There is a small, delightful public park next to Starbucks outdoor cafe. It is in the mall on Palisades Dr. a short walk from the Lake Shrine gate. There is grass, benches, and play equipment for children. The mall has public parking.
**There is a nature park with picnic ramadas and dog walking trails a few minutes West of Lake Shrine. There is ample free public parking.